IMG: FI.A/cing> F.A.Global settings>Document>Posting Periods> Open and close posting periods.
1) Several Company codes can use same posting period variant.
2) The SAP system automatically determines the posting period and fiscal year based on the posting date entered. (Only special period needs to be manually changed)
3) The posting period variant is assigned to the company code.
4) Posting periods are defined in the fiscal year variant, Closing/opening posting period are carried out in posting period variant.
5) The posting period variant must contain at least the account type “+”.
6) During year closing, two period intervals (Normal and special periods) must be open at the same time.
7) In the document header, the periods assigned to the account type “+” are checked with posting date, whether posting period is open for that date or closed. At the line item level, the system checks the account type of the posting key to ensure that the period is open for the assigned account type.